Friday 4 April 2008

90 days to go...

Lying awake last night, I worked out that today marks to 90 days to go point (fairly accidentally I worked this out - I was trying to work out whether or not I'll see the series finale of Dr Who before I fly out. As long as there's no delays, I should just make it). Flying out from Heathrow (in theory, given recent events) on July 3rd, the deadline seems frighteningly close now - something that has made me step up the shorthand efforts, and made me think further about learning a bit of mandarin before I go. Annoyingly, I'm just about to send off a drivers licence application form. So unless I turn out to be a prodigy behind the wheel, I'm going to have to deal with a two month gap. Which is annoying.

I'm also trying to work out how to deal with my final project for uni, which is due to be started soon. A 30 minute documentary, to be recorded over the summer. However, unless the uni are happy for me to take a video camera to the other side of the world for 2 months (unlikely), I'm going to have to go like the clappers before and after.

Meanwhile, next Wednesday appears to be the busy day next week China-wise - doctors appointment in the morning to discuss what shots I need, before a photoshoot and interview with local press in the afternoon. I'm not sure which I find more terrifying.

Nick

No comments: